Switch to ADA Accessible Theme
Close Menu
Jackson Personal Injury Attorney
Free Initial Consultation 601-202-2222 Jackson Personal Injury
Jackson Personal Injury Attorney > Video FAQs > Child Custody > What happens in Mississippi when visitation rights are frustrated?

What happens in Mississippi when visitation rights are frustrated?

Sometimes it’s necessary to hire an attorney and go to court, and to sue the other party, or the non-cooperating party for contempt. A contempt action simply means that you’re wanting the court to enforce its prior orders. So when you bring a contempt action, you’re telling the court that this person is not cooperating. The courts have a number of ways to remedy that. They can even go so far as to change custody. Another remedy might be to find the person, or to put them in jail. All of those are remedies that are available if a parent is frustrating the visitation and rights of the non-custodial parent.

Share This Page:

It's Time to Call Derek Hall

Contact Information

Phone: 601-202-2222
Fax: 601-981-4717

Office Hours:
8:30-5:30 M-Th | 8:30-4 F

Office Location

1911 Dunbarton Dr.
Jackson, MS 39216

Site Map

Follow Our Firm

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
MileMark Media - Practice Growth Solutions

© 2016 - 2020 Derek L. Hall, PC. All rights reserved.
This law firm website is managed by MileMark Media.